Sunday, June 3, 2007

savings plan



friday I met a good friend for lunch. We ate at The Islander in Pendleton, which is where I worked for several years. I had a bloody mary (my nerves were shot as I had not had the best day) and a MexiWrap with French Fries. Next we went to Wal-Mart so I could pick up a few things that I need for summer (sunscreen, magazines). While in Wal-Mart we browsed and I picked up several items that were not on my list. I picked up a beach towel and some $2 flip flops. We were approaching the cash registers and preparing the check out when my friend suddenly decided he diedn't need everything he was planning on buying. He booted out a pair of jeans and a few more items. I immediately decided that this would be a good idea for me too. I pitched the beach towel and flip flops. While they were not expensive (together they were about seven dollars) I decided that I have plenty of flip flops and already have a beach towel too. Plus in a desperate situation I can always use a bath towel, I mean beach towels are not that crucial. Once we got in the car I thought about our "last call" and deciding to put back the items we didn't really need. It is a genius plan. I always come out of Wal-Mart with extra items I seem to think I need. The temptation of overspending at Wal-Mart is so easy because everything is so inexpensive. I have decided I will do this from now on!!!

No comments: